[RFC 0/2] New feature: Framebuffer processors

Inki Dae inki.dae at samsung.com
Thu Aug 25 11:45:25 UTC 2016

2016년 08월 25일 17:42에 Daniel Vetter 이(가) 쓴 글:
> On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 05:06:55PM +0900, Inki Dae wrote:
>>

>> 2016년 08월 24일 20:57에 Daniel Vetter 이(가) 쓴 글:

>>> Can you pls explain in more detail where working with both v4l and drm
>>> drivers and making them cooperate using dma-bufs poses problems? We should
>>> definitely fix that.
>>
>> I think it would be most Linux Platforms - Android, Chrome and Tizen -
>> which would use OpenMAX/GStreammer for Multimedia and X or
>> Wayland/SurfaceFlinger for Display.
>
> Yes, that's the use case. Where is the problem in making this happen? v4l
> can import dma-bufs, drm can export them, and there's plenty devices
> shipping (afaik) that make use of exact this pipeline. Can you pls explain
> what problem you've hit trying to make this work on exynos?

No problem but just make it complicated as I mentioned above - the stream operations - S_FMT, REQBUF, QUARYBUF, QBUF, STREAM ON and DQBUF of V4L2 would never be simple as DRM.
Do you think M2M device should be controlled by V4L2 interfaces? and even 2D accelerator? As long as I know, The Graphics card on Desktop has all devices such as 2D/3D GPU, HW Video codec and Display controller, and these devices are controlled by DRM interfaces. So we - ARM Exynos - are trying to move these things to DRM world and also trying to implement more convenient interfaces like Marek did.

Thanks,
Inki Dae