drm/radeon spamming alloc_contig_range: [xxx, yyy) PFNs busy busy

Vlastimil Babka vbabka at suse.cz
Fri Dec 2 06:36:50 UTC 2016

On 12/01/2016 10:02 PM, Michal Nazarewicz wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 01 2016, Michal Hocko wrote:
>> I am not familiar with this code so I cannot really argue but a quick
>> look at rmem_cma_setup doesn't suggest any speicific placing or
>> anything...
>
> early_cma parses ‘cma’ command line argument which can specify where
> exactly the default CMA area is to be located.  Furthermore, CMA areas
> can be assigned per-device (via the Device Tree IIRC).

OK, but the context of this bug report is a generic cma pool and generic
dma alloc, which tries cma first and then fallback to
alloc_pages_node(). If a device really requires specific placing as you
suggest, then it probably uses a different allocation interface,
otherwise there would be some flag to disallow the alloc_pages_node()
fallback?