Question about Radeon DRM and fan speed control

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 15:36:12 UTC 2016

On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 1:03 PM, Dawid Bautsch <attezione at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
> I'm looking form some help. I need to write (very basic) tool to control
> radeon fan speed. I know i can use DRM. But where i can find any samples or
> example code?
>
> How to start?
> My os is GhostBSD (FreeBSD).

I have no idea if FreeBSD has ported the fan control code over or not.
The Linux driver (radeon or amdgpu depending on what asic you have)
has code to control the fan.  We leave the fan under GPU control
unless the user selects manual fan control.  At that point, it's
controlled via the standard Linux hwmon pwm API.

Alex