[REGRESSION] i915: No HDMI output with 4.4

Ville Syrjälä ville.syrjala at linux.intel.com
Tue Feb 23 15:08:00 UTC 2016

On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 02:32:32PM +0200, Oleksandr Natalenko wrote:
> Ville, Daniel,
>
> any additional info I could provide? I have to return dual-link DVI
> cable back, so let me know if I could reveal more details if necessary.

Unfortunately I'm out of ideas for now. Daniel is on vacation.
Anyone else? VPG folks should take the ball here since they broke it.

In the meantime I think as a workaround I think you could use
something like video=HDMI-A-1:e on the kernel command line (not sure
I got the connector name right for your system). I think that should
result in the live status check to be skipped, at least when
populating the mode list.

Might be a good idea to collect all the information here and put in a
bug report (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/ -> DRI -> DRM/Intel) so that
all the logs and such would be in one place.

--
Ville Syrjälä
Intel OTC