DRM support in Android

Chih-Wei Huang cwhuang at android-x86.org
Thu Jan 14 17:35:27 PST 2016

> Thanks Greg .You Helped me a lot.
>
> On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 10:52 PM, Greg Hackmann <ghackmann at google.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 12:06 AM, vijay kumar <vijaycn042 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hii all,
>>>               I want to know some information regarding DRI and DRM
>>> support in android.Does Android uses DRI drivers in MESA for Direct
>>> rendering.
>>
>> The vendor needs to supply an EGL implementation at a well-known path
>> (https://android.googlesource.com/platform/frameworks/native/+/android-6.0.1_r5/opengl/libs/EGL/Loader.cpp#41).
>> This can be Mesa or a proprietary library.

Android-x86 is the first open source project
that brought Mesa/DRM to the Android platform.
Refer to:

http://sourceforge.net/p/android-x86/external_libdrm/
http://sourceforge.net/p/android-x86/external_mesa/
http://sourceforge.net/p/android-x86/external_drm_gralloc/ (Drm based
gralloc HAL)

It's glad to see drm_gralloc is now a part of
AOSP marshmallow release.
Google Pixel C is probably the first (and only?) one
android product that uses it.

We have a devel group working on that.
If you are interesting, I can invite you to join.

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project