[git pull] drm for 4.5-rc1

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Sun Jan 17 14:00:21 PST 2016

On Sun, Jan 17, 2016 at 1:35 PM, Dave Airlie <airlied at linux.ie> wrote:

> This is the main drm pull request for 4.5. I don't think I've missed anything too
> major, I'm mostly back at work now but I'll probably get some sleep in 5 years time.

Good luck with that.

> I think it should fix the i915 warning from the audio tree, if not let me
> know.

It does seem to fix it.

It replaces it with this one, though:

  drivers/gpu/drm/vc4/vc4_validate.c: In function ‘validate_gl_shader_rec’:
  drivers/gpu/drm/vc4/vc4_validate.c:864:12: warning: format ‘%d’
expects argument of type ‘int’, but argument 4 has type ‘size_t {aka
long unsigned int}’ [-Wformat=]

I'm assuming it has mainly been developed for 32-bit targets, and is
just enabled on x86-64 for compile testing. But the right thing to use
for size_t is "%zu".

                  Linus