Whats missing in my new FB DRM driver... "No connectors reported connected with modes"?

Carlos Palminha CARLOS.PALMINHA at synopsys.com
Mon Jan 18 06:32:47 PST 2016

Hi Xinliang,

My get_modes seems to be implemented as the rcar driver...
Probably still missing some init step?

Regards,
C.Palminha

static int arcpgu_drm_connector_get_modes(struct drm_connector *connector)
{
struct drm_encoder_slave *slave;
const struct drm_encoder_slave_funcs *sfuncs;
struct arcpgu_drm_connector * con =
container_of(connector, struct arcpgu_drm_connector, connector);

slave = con->encoder_slave;
if(slave == NULL) {
dev_err(connector->dev->dev,
"connector_get_modes: cannot find slave encoder for connector\n");
return 0;
}

sfuncs = slave->slave_funcs;
if(sfuncs->get_modes == NULL){
return 0;
}

return sfuncs->get_modes(&slave->base,connector);
}