Kernel stability on baytrail machines

One Thousand Gnomes gnomes at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Mon Jul 18 13:30:03 UTC 2016

On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 16:41:58 -0300
Ezequiel Garcia <ezequiel at vanguardiasur.com.ar> wrote:

> Hi Alan,
>
> (Adding interested people to this thread)

> > > If you did not get any replies... you might want to check MAINTAINERS file, and
> > > put Intel x86 maintainers on Cc list.
> > >
> > > I'm sure someone cares :-).
> >
> > Yes we care, and there are people looking at the various reports.
> >

> Are there any updates on the status of this issue?
>
> The current bugzilla report [1] marks this as a power management
> issue. However, many reports indicate that it would only freeze
> when running X, so it's not completely clear if it's related to
> the gfx driver too.

There are two things we are currently tracking. One of them was merged
which seems to have made my machine stable at least and fixes a problem
related to the MMC. The second one we may need is a power related changed
to SPI to hold the CPU in C0/C1 whenever the ACPI _SEM is held.

Graphics shows these problems up because of the way the GPU causes power
state changes.

Alan