274ad65c9d02 ("drm/radeon: hard reset r600 and newer GPU when hibernating.")

Grigori Goronzy greg at chown.ath.cx
Wed Jun 8 15:28:53 UTC 2016

On 2016-06-08 15:47, Borislav Petkov wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 08, 2016 at 03:30:34PM +0200, Christian König wrote:
>
>> Try forcing mplayer to use VDPAU with "mplayer -vo vdpau $file".
>
> All good. Actually, this hw accel thing is much better, I better make
> it
> default :-P

Are you sure it is using accelerated decoding? CPU load should be just
1-2%. AFAIR you still have to explicitly enable the hardware accelerated
codecs with mplayer. It might have changed at some point. Also try mpv
instead, maybe. It's easier to enable decoding with that player, just
specify --hwdec=vdpau on the command line and it'll use accelerated
decoding whenever it can.

Grigori