linux-next: manual merge of the drm-misc tree with the arm tree

Russell King rmk at armlinux.org.uk
Wed Jun 22 08:21:11 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 09:31:18AM +0200, Daniel Vetter wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 3:47 AM, Stephen Rothwell <sfr at canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Today's linux-next merge of the drm-misc tree got a conflict in:
> >
> >   drivers/gpu/drm/sti/sti_drv.c
> >
> > between commit:
> >
> >   062993b15e8e ("drm: convert DT component matching to component_match_add_release()")
>
> Why did that one end up in the arm tree? Should it go in through
> drm-misc instead?

Mine is part of a three part patch series which is part of the component
helper updates (which I'm the author and maintainer of).

Then someone came up with an alternative way of some of part of it.

You can't merge the above DRM part, because that means you also need to
merge patch 1, which is core component stuff.

--
Russell King
ARM architecture Linux Kernel maintainer