[RFC 1/7] drm/amdkfd: avoid fragile and inefficient snprintf use

Rasmus Villemoes linux at rasmusvillemoes.dk
Mon Mar 14 19:18:36 UTC 2016

On Mon, Mar 14 2016, Oded Gabbay <oded.gabbay at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 10:40 PM, Rasmus Villemoes
> <linux at rasmusvillemoes.dk> wrote:
>> Passing overlapping source and destination buffers to snprintf
>> formally has undefined behaviour and is rather fragile. While the
>
> I saw there were some different opinions on this.
> Have the fixes to the other drivers been taken ?

I rewrote this (as well as the joystick/analog.c and wlcore/boot.c
patches) to use seq_buf, and this patch in particular became much
simpler. But since akpm and Alan don't think there's anything to fix I'm
going to drop the series; if anyone wants to pursue this I'll be happy
to send them my v2.

Rasmus