New LCD connector type?

Sergei Shtylyov sergei.shtylyov at cogentembedded.com
Fri May 6 19:01:29 UTC 2016

(Resending as I couldn't find this message from January in the list archives.)

Hello.

    We have a board which has Newhaven Display LCD [1] connected via a what
seems to be a custom 40-signal LCD connector. That connector includes (6-bit
per component) RGB signals, DISP, H/VSYNC, and the pixel clock signals; in
addition, there are I2C and IRQ signals.
    Now we need to add support for this kind of connector to the R-Car DU
driver in order to get the LCD panel resolution from the device tree (see
drivers/gpu/drm/rcar-du/rcar_du_*con.c for the examples) and so we'd probably
need a new DRM_MODE_CONNECTOR_* constant in include/uapi/drm/drm_mode.h in
order to do that... Laurent advised me to ask for the opinions on the
dri-devel mailing list first, which I'm doing. :-)

MBR, Sergei

[1] http://www.newhavendisplay.com/nhd70800480efatxv-p-6720.html