fsl-dcu not works on latest "drm-next"

Alexander Stein alexander.stein at systec-electronic.com
Wed May 25 08:32:27 UTC 2016

On Tuesday 24 May 2016 23:20:02, Stefan Agner wrote:
> On 2016-05-24 19:14, Meng Yi wrote:
> > I found that its regmap endianness issue, so I want to replace the
> > "regmap".
> Hm, replace with what? Note that we need some kind of endianness
> convertion since the IP is big endian on LS1021a and little endian on
> Vybrid (vf610).

Yep, regmap is required and was broken meanwhile but should be fixed now. See
linked lkml post.

> Is it maybe just an issue with regmap/the big-endian property in the
> device tree? Maybe this thread is interesting for you:
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2016/3/23/233

AFAICT device tree should not been changed here. The "big-endian" property was
there fromt he beginning.

> > I just tested the latest drm-next branch on Freescale/NXP ls1021a-twr,
> > and got some log below. And fsl-dcu not works.
> >
> > Since "drm-next" merged some branch , use git bisect had some problem ,
> >
> > so I manually checked out that "fsl-dcu" works at
> > d761701c55a99598477f3cb25c03d939a7711e74
> >
> > And not works now. some log below:

Which commit actually broke your kernel? And where to fetch it from? Is your
problem really caused by regmap?

Best regards,
Alexander