DRM: urgent v4.9-rc6 build regression: master build: 2 failures 1 warnings (v4.9-rc5-213-g961b708)

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Thu Nov 17 15:24:49 UTC 2016

On Thursday, November 17, 2016 8:50:05 PM CET Dave Airlie wrote:

> Arnd could you send a git pull with the two reverts, with my Acked-by on
> it? I won't be in a place to do it for 8-9hrs.

I don't think it's that urgent, as long as we make sure it's fixed in the
next -rc. I've sent out the reverts as patches with a little more information
in the changelog: it turns out that they are actually broken on linux-next too,
they had just not made it in there, and one of the two actually did build
on older kernels.

I think what happened here is that the fixes were tested on a v4.4 kernel
and blindly forward-ported. It probably makes sense to look at the
entire series again in case another one of them is broken.

Philipp, Hu, Bibby, could one of you have another look?

	Arnd