Question regarding clocks in the DW-HDMI DT bindings

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 13:06:26 UTC 2016

Hi Vladimir,

On Fri, Nov 25, 2016 at 11:00 AM, Vladimir Zapolskiy
<vladimir_zapolskiy at mentor.com> wrote:

> according to the DTSI files in the vanilla kernel DW HDMI IP is found
> only on iMX6Q/D and iMX6DL/iMX6S SoCs (but please double check it),
> so this approach should work ideally.

After thinking more about this I think we can not get rid of "gpr". If
we have a new i.MX SoC that is not compatible with
"fsl,imx6q-iomuxc-gpr" then the lookup will fail.

> I see that the same has already been done in PCIe and SATA drivers,
> but please consider to send a similar change against iMX LDB driver

The i.MX LDB driver is also used on imx53, so we cannot search for
"fsl,imx6q-iomuxc-gpr" compatible, as it will fail on imx53.

So it seems we need to keep the "gpr" property in this case.