Unix Device Memory Allocation project

James Jones jajones at nvidia.com
Tue Oct 4 23:47:14 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,

As many are aware, we took up the issue of surface/memory allocation at
XDC this year.  The outcome of that discussion was the beginnings of a
design proposal for a library that would server as a cross-device,
cross-process surface allocator.  In the past week I've started to
condense some of my notes from that discussion down to code & a design
document.  I've posted the first pieces to a github repository here:

   https://github.com/cubanismo/allocator

This isn't anything close to usable code yet.  Just headers and docs,
and incomplete ones at that.  However, feel free to check it out if
you're interested in discussing the design.

Thanks,
-James