About the Xserver for rockchip

Randy Li randy.li at rock-chips.com
Mon Oct 17 08:34:24 UTC 2016

On 10/17/2016 04:02 PM, Mark yao wrote:
> On 2016年10月17日 15:12, Heiko Stuebner wrote:
>> Am Montag, 17. Oktober 2016, 14:45:30 CEST schrieb Randy Li:
>>> Hello Tomasz:
>>>    Heiko told me you are in charge of the graphics part of chromium, I
>>> think I had better told you the developing status of the xorg xserver in
>>> rockchip.
>> What I actually said was that Tomasz did the original VPU driver used on
>> veyron chromebooks, so may be interested in your current work on that
>> :-) .
Yes, I am rewriting the VPU driver. The last topic is
something different ideas from chromium's decoder settings API
in linux-media

>> Also ChromeOS moved from X11 to use Freon instead, so I'm not sure if
>> ChromeOS
>> cares about that anymore.
And Mark is thinking about moving forward to wayland.

>>> Currently the graphics department released a modification
>>> version of xserver which would support the libMali, but the way to
>>> support it is some kind of hacker which disabled the original mesa gl
>>> support.
>>> https://github.com/rockchip-linux/xserver/commit/bae12718e76d50d7388a93a251e
>>>
>>> f6777f6ca4850#diff-92a9ba7d51895d2d69c5c893fa0f658dL792
>>>
>>>     Since the code base of that is really a mess, I rebase the branch
>>> rockchip with the xserver branch 1.18 from upstream, it is there
>>> https://github.com/rockchip-linux/xserver/tree/rockchip-1.18
>>> But the version I made would omit some pixels when it is drawing, I have
>>> not found out why.
>> Didn't Mark do a lot of changes on your xserver, so maybe he knows
>> what might
>> be going wrong?
>
> I don't what the problem it's, I haven't a chance to try Randy's issue yet.
>
> Hi Randy
>
> Did you re-test it with this patch:
> https://github.com/rockchip-linux/xserver/commit/bfee8067608b9dcbf6dae0ed897ae1295fdef7f2
No, I have merged that patch in my branch, just forget to push it
recently it.
Your branch works fine now, it may be caused some mistakes when I was
rebasing. It is not serious problem for now.

--
Randy Li
The third produce department