the dp helper would try to enable the i2c channel for rockchip-edp

Randy Li randy.li at rock-chips.com
Thu Oct 20 07:38:29 UTC 2016

On 10/20/2016 03:18 PM, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> On 19 October 2016 at 15:52, Randy Li <randy.li at rock-chips.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>>   Recently, I want to use a eDP panel in my RK3288 platform, but I got the
>> following message:
>>
>> [    8.935918] i2c i2c-6: of_i2c: modalias failure on /dp at ff970000/ports
>> [    8.936018] rockchip-drm display-subsystem: bound ff970000.dp (ops
>> rockchip_dp_component_ops [analogix_dp_rockchip])
>> It try to enable the eDP aux channel and add a new I2C controller, but it
>> failed then the whole display subsystem is broken, the panel doesn't power
>> on either.
>>
>>   I hope somebody could figure out what is wrong with it.
>
> Hi Randy,
>
> you want to debug why the call to of_modalias_node fails.

But I didn't know who register that I2C controller, as the system only
have 6 I2C controller(0-5).
> Good luck,
>
> Tomeu

Randy Li
The third produce department
This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole
use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and
message. [Fuzhou Rockchip Electronics, INC. China mainland]