GPU-DRM-GMA500: One error message less for a GCT revision mismatch in mid_get_vbt_data()

SF Markus Elfring elfring at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Sep 20 11:03:06 UTC 2016

>>> A single error message should be sufficient to inform about
>>> the detection of an unknown GCT revision at the end.
>>> Thus return after the logging call in this case directly.
>>
>> Did you test this?
>>

> Don't be a dummy...  This is easy to review an it fixes a bug.

Thanks for this kind of constructive feedback.

> I'm fine with you NAKing all these patches based on who they are from.

Would you like to clarify such an information a bit more?

> I mostly just delete these without responding because the guy has
> history of introducing bugs and never listens to feedback.

I admit that I'll stumble on programming mistakes again occasionally
as another ordinary free software developer who is struggling various open issues.

I am listening to various feedback. My responses might not be pleasing enough
for you. Are you looking for any special information to improve
a corresponding discussion?

Regards,
Markus