Kernel stability on baytrail machines

Michal Feix michal at feix.cz
Tue Sep 20 13:27:15 UTC 2016

Hi, I think there might be another clue on this one.

One of the comments is also mentioning an unfixed erratum of certain
Baytrail processors, named as "EOI Transaction May Not be Sent if
Software Enters Core C6 During an Interrupt Service Routine". This
erratum can be found on several different processors, even on several
non-baytrails, like Inte Xeon 3400 and similar.

I also came across a patch that was created for SUSE and that seems to
be adressing this issue in pre 4.X kernels:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file?file=22160-Intel-C6-EOI.patch&package=xen&project=home%3Acharlesa%3AopenSUSE11.3&rev=7

---
Michal