GPU-DRM-QXL: Move three assignments in qxl_device_init()

Gerd Hoffmann kraxel at redhat.com
Thu Sep 22 20:24:22 UTC 2016

On Do, 2016-09-22 at 19:16 +0200, SF Markus Elfring wrote:
> > For starters make sure the patches land actually on the list.
>
> How do you think about to take another look at this update suggestion
> also by the usual archive interfaces?
>
> * https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9344521/
>
> * https://lkml.kernel.org/r/<f7eb26ad-39be-2918-627b-5f4981d07808@users.sourceforge.net>

I fail to see the point in this change.  On init failure qdev will be
released anyway, and whenever the fields are initialized or not when
kfree() is called doesn't matter at all.

> > Only the cover letter arrived here.
>
> Would you like to clarify any more technical difficulties around
> the desired message exchange?

Hmm, not sure what happened.  According to the kernel.org link the patch
has been sent to dri-devel (where I'm subscribed), but the patch never
landed in by mailbox for some reason.

cheers,
  Gerd