drm/exynos: fimd: pagefault when restarting X

Andrzej Hajda a.hajda at samsung.com
Fri Sep 23 09:29:02 UTC 2016

Hi Tobias,

On 06.05.2016 09:48, Tobias Jakobi wrote:
> Hello Andrzej,
>

> Andrzej Hajda wrote:
>> Hi Tobias,
>>
>> On 05/05/2016 07:27 PM, Tobias Jakobi wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> here's another issue I experience when enabling FIMD on the ODROID-X2.
>>>
>>> I can trigger a IOMMU pagefault by starting X once, quitting, and
>>> restarting X again.

Finally I have tested RGB output on similar target - Odroid-U3. It seems
it has set very low fimd clocks, as a result refresh rate is very low
(5-10 fps)
and vblank waiting code timeouts, as a result framebuffers are prematurely
removed.
Adding assigned-clocks to fimd node should probably help.
Anyway I will try to add check to fimd driver preventing such situations.

Regards
Andrzej