[ADV7393] DRM Encoder Slave or DRM Bridge

Tomi Valkeinen tomi.valkeinen at ti.com
Fri Sep 23 11:00:05 UTC 2016

On 22/09/16 16:22, Vikas Patil wrote:

> Could you help me to understand if I could use “interlace=false”?
> ADV7393 seems to be supporting non-interlaced mode. From datasheet:
> “The ADV7390/ADV7391/ADV7392/ADV7393 support an SD noninterlaced mode.
> Using this mode, progressive inputs at twice the frame rate of NTSC
> and PAL (240p/59.94 Hz and 288p/50 Hz, respectively) can be input into
> the ADV7390/ ADV7391/ADV7392/ADV7393. The SD noninterlaced mode can be
> enabled using Subaddress 0x88, Bit 1.”

Difficult to say... So OMAP4+ DSS hardware does support interlace output
for DPI. The driver has never supported it, nor do I have any hardware
to test it. It might be quite easy to add, though.

If I read the above snippet right, to use progressive input, the DISPC
needs to output at double refresh rate. So probably what you would have
to do is in ADV driver, you have your set_timings function, where you
should double the pix clock before you pass the timings forward to the
DISPC's DPI driver.

 Tomi