GPU-DRM-TTM: Fine-tuning for several function implementations

SF Markus Elfring elfring at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Sep 23 13:46:44 UTC 2016

>> Do other identifiers fit better to a specification from the document "CodingStyle"
>> like the following?
>>
>> "…
>> Choose label names which say what the goto does or why the goto exists.
>> …"
>>

>> Does this wording need any more adjustments?
>
> No.

I have got an other impression.

The terse description can trigger disagreements about the "what" and "why",
can't it?

> I wrote that and "restart" seems like a pretty clear name to me.

This identifier might be good enough to some degree.
I imagined that it would become better by the addition of a bit of information
from the jump target.

> I never wrote that you should harrass people with your nonsense patches.

This is true in principle.

But your adjustment for the document "CodingStyle" supported also a reconsideration
of the corresponding identifier selection.

Some developers disagreed with a proposed renaming while others reacted
in a positive way.

> In fact, I have asked you over and over again to stop.

This happened under different software update contexts occasionally.

Regards,
Markus