[RFC 0/8] drm/exynos: misc fixes and more

Tobias Jakobi tjakobi at math.uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Apr 4 14:02:53 UTC 2017

Hello,

some recent work I did on Exynos. Patches are based on [1] and [2].

(b) Sanitizes buffer pitch for HW with restrictions.
(c) Misc fixes

While testing the NV12MT part, I made these interesting observations.

(1) I used 1920x1080 XRGB8888 on the primary plane, and 1280x768 on the
video plane. With this configuration, it does not matter if you're
using NV12 or NV12MT, the video plane occasionally flickers or shows
heavy artifacting. Reducing the size of the primary plane, e.g. to
32x32 solves this issue, so my guess is that this is memory bandwidth
issue. Does someone know if one can check for buffer underflows of the
mixer with respect to data passed from the VP?

(2) Using 1920x1080i (so an interlaced mode) and NV12, the board
immediately dies with an IOMMU pagefault at address zero. I'm
currently investigating this, and it looks like that the VP setup
is wrong here. In particular it should be the source (!) height
and vertical position that should be halfed in interlaced mode, and
not the destination. Need to look more into this.

Anyway, both the issues are independant of the patches, so please
review! :-)

With best wishes,
Tobias

[1] http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-samsung-soc/msg58640.html
[2] http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-samsung-soc/msg58644.html

Tobias Jakobi (8):
  drm/exynos: mixer: fix chroma comment in vp_video_buffer()
  drm/exynos: mixer: enable NV12MT support for the video plane
  drm/exynos: mixer: simplify {vp_video,mixer_graph}_buffer()
  drm/exynos: mixer: remove src offset from mixer_graph_buffer()
  drm/exynos: introduce BYTE_PITCH capability
  drm/exynos: add BYTE_PITCH cap for all supported planes
  drm/exynos: consistent use of cpp
  drm/exynos: simplify set_pixfmt() in DECON and FIMD drivers

 drivers/gpu/drm/exynos/exynos5433_drm_decon.c | 17 +++++------
 drivers/gpu/drm/exynos/exynos7_drm_decon.c    | 13 +++-----
 drivers/gpu/drm/exynos/exynos_drm_drv.h       |  2 ++
 drivers/gpu/drm/exynos/exynos_drm_fb.c        |  2 ++
 drivers/gpu/drm/exynos/exynos_drm_fimd.c      | 17 ++++-------
 drivers/gpu/drm/exynos/exynos_drm_plane.c     | 37 ++++++++++++++++++++++
 drivers/gpu/drm/exynos/exynos_mixer.c         | 44 ++++++++-------------------

2.7.3