[PATCHv4 12/12] staging/android: Update Ion TODO list
labbott at redhat.com
Tue Apr 18 18:27:14 UTC 2017
Most of the items have been taken care of by a clean up series. Remove
the completed items and add a few new ones.
Signed-off-by: Laura Abbott <labbott at redhat.com>
drivers/staging/android/TODO | 21 ++++-----------------
1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 17 deletions(-)
diff --git a/drivers/staging/android/TODO b/drivers/staging/android/TODO
index 8f3ac37..5f14247 100644
@@ -7,23 +7,10 @@ TODO:
- - Remove ION_IOC_SYNC: Flushing for devices should be purely a kernel internal
- interface on top of dma-buf. flush_for_device needs to be added to dma-buf
- - Remove ION_IOC_CUSTOM: Atm used for cache flushing for cpu access in some
- vendor trees. Should be replaced with an ioctl on the dma-buf to expose the
- begin/end_cpu_access hooks to userspace.
- - Clarify the tricks ion plays with explicitly managing coherency behind the
- dma api's back (this is absolutely needed for high-perf gpu drivers): Add an
- explicit coherency management mode to flush_for_device to be used by drivers
- which want to manage caches themselves and which indicates whether cpu caches
- need flushing.
- - With those removed there's probably no use for ION_IOC_IMPORT anymore either
- since ion would just be the central allocator for shared buffers.
- - Add dt-binding to expose cma regions as ion heaps, with the rule that any
- such cma regions must already be used by some device for dma. I.e. ion only
- exposes existing cma regions and doesn't reserve unecessarily memory when
- booting a system which doesn't use ion.
+ - Add dt-bindings for remaining heaps (chunk and carveout heaps). This would
+ involve putting appropriate bindings in a memory node for Ion to find.
+ - Split /dev/ion up into multiple nodes (e.g. /dev/ion/heap0)
+ - Better test framework (integration with VGEM was suggested)
Please send patches to Greg Kroah-Hartman <greg at kroah.com> and Cc:
Arve Hjønnevåg <arve at android.com> and Riley Andrews <riandrews at android.com>
More information about the dri-devel