Pageflip fixes for the amd dal/dc staging tree.

Harry Wentland harry.wentland at amd.com
Fri Apr 21 19:56:27 UTC 2017

On 2017-04-21 12:23 PM, Mario Kleiner wrote:
> Hi
>
> These two patches were written and tested against Harry's
> hwentland amd-staging-dc-drm-next branch from a few days ago.
> Not sure if that is the right one to base dal/dc patches against,
> but it looks recent and active enough?

Yes, I suggest you use that one? It doesn't get extensive testing like
Alex's amd-staging-4.9 but it's based on a more recent tree. Andrey and
I use that for cleaning up DC.

> They fix pageflip scheduling to always flip at the right target vblank
> and pageflip completion events to send out the correct vblank count
> and timestamp of flip completion.
>
> Successfully tested on AMD R9 380 Tonga Pro - VI/DCE-10. After applying
> these, the dal staging branch performs nicely with my tests :)
>
> I've also tested amdgpu-pro 17.10.2 on the same setup against Linux 4.4/4.8
> and found a couple of similar bugs and fixes, but that in a separate mail.

Thanks for your extensive testing and the fixes. I'll let Andrey review
this more thoroughly as he's spent quite a bit of time trying to get our
flip/vblank model right. This series looks quite sensible to me, though,
so feel free to add my

Acked-by: Harry Wentland <harry.wentland at amd.com>

Harry