[RFC 0/1] drm/exynos: hack to support more HDMI resolutions

Tobias Jakobi tjakobi at math.uni-bielefeld.de
Fri Aug 25 14:10:04 UTC 2017

Hello,

I was asked by a user of my kernel tree to try to upstream this. The patch is originally by Daniel who figured out this peculiar behaviour of the HDMI block.

Since this is clearly a hack, should it even be upstreamed?

Some more questions/thoughts:
- I know that it works for the HDMI block on the Exynos4412, but I guess it could also work for other Exynos SoCs. So this would require some testing by someone who has access to other boards.
- Currently the manipulation in hdmi_v14_mode_apply() is always active. Once we figure out for which hw the hack works, we could probably set a flag somewhere.
- Same goes for mixer_atomic_check() which now always accepts 1024x768 and 1280x1024. This should also depend on a flag (maybe some CRTC flag).

Feedback would be appreciated!

With best wishes,
Tobias

Daniel Drake (1):
  drm/exynos/hdmi: add 257px offset timing hack

 drivers/gpu/drm/exynos/exynos_hdmi.c  | 16 ++++++++++++----
 drivers/gpu/drm/exynos/exynos_mixer.c |  6 ++++++

2.13.5