tinydrm: page allocation failure

David Lechner david at lechnology.com
Thu Dec 14 16:25:10 UTC 2017

On 12/11/2017 06:45 AM, Noralf Trønnes wrote:

> Den 11.12.2017 04.28, skrev David Lechner:
>> I'm using drm-misc/drm-misc-next and occasionally getting errors as
>> seen in the stack traces below. I'm not really sure what to make of
>> it. Any ideas?

I'm starting to wonder if there is some sort of race condition involved.
I only get this warning on some boots, but when I do, it happens
multiple times. Also, when I was debugging a an unrelated problem, I
enabled some of the spin lock checking kernel options that really slow
down the kernel. When I did this, I got this warning all of the time.

Would it be sensible to allocate a dummy RX buffer once instead of
letting SPI allocate a new one for every transfer?