[RFC] drm: Helper macro for drm state duplication

Mihail Atanassov mihail.atanassov at arm.com
Thu Feb 9 15:41:41 UTC 2017

Hi,

I was working on a few patches adding fields to struct malidp_crtc_state and
found myself writing memcpy multiple times in the ->atomic_duplicate_state
hook because I wanted to avoid copying the drm_crtc_state twice
(__drm_atomic_helper_crtc_duplicate_state copies it already). I figured this
also applies to the other drm_*_state derivatives, so I concocted a macro
helper to do the copy in one chunk (two if you count the __drm_atomic_helper*
one). I'd appreciate some comments on whether anyone else might find this
macro useful. Thanks!

Mihail Atanassov (1):
  drm: Add helper macro for duplicating custom drm_*_state

 include/drm/drm_atomic_helper.h | 33 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 1 file changed, 33 insertions(+)

--
Mihail Atanassov