nouveau preventing shutdown after suspend-resume

Ilia Mirkin imirkin at alum.mit.edu
Fri Feb 17 17:06:26 UTC 2017

On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 11:22 AM, João Paulo Rechi Vita
<jprvita at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Ilia,
>
> On 17 February 2017 at 11:14, Ilia Mirkin <imirkin at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
>> On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 10:54 AM, João Paulo Rechi Vita
>> <jprvita at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I'm happy to file
>>> a bugzilla entry and provide any other needed information or help with
>>> testing. Are nouveau bugs tracked on bugs.kernel.org or the fdo
>>> bugzilla?
>>
>> Nouveau bugs are tracked on the fdo bugzilla. It would appear that
>> you're using a 4.8 kernel. Do issues persist with a 4.10 kernel? I'm
>> thinking of upstream commit cae9ff036ee, but it's likely that there
>> have also been others I'm not thinking of.
>>

> Yes, although the logs I have pasted were indeed collected using a 4.8
> kernel, the problem persists with a recent Linus' tree (v4.10-rc8 + a
> couple of commits) which contains cae9ff036ee.

You should file a bug with all the relevant info. BTW, odd that the
device is reported as 179c. 1780-17bf isn't allocated to anything.
There *is* a 139c device, "GM107M [GeForce 940M]", but that would
imply there's an extra 0x0400 bit set.

Cheers,

  -ilia