[git pull] drm for v4.11 - main pull request

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Fri Feb 24 09:34:47 UTC 2017

Hi Linus,

Yeah this went wrong. My experience with anything Kconfig (whether new
drivers or anything else) is that it takes 0day a few days to 1-2 weeks to
crunch through all the combos. I guess we could block new drivers pulls
like we already do with regular feature pulls in drm (e.g. drm-intel.git
cuts out around -rc5/6-ish, drm-misc.git works similar), but delaying
new drivers isn't that great.

On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 05:44:04PM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> [snip]

Don't shit on (new) contributors like this. Noralf has done good work (go
look), Kconfig is an impossible combinatorial maze, and I'd be rather
annoyed if you managed to drive away Noralf (and other contributors) with
your mail.

I know that you need to rage every once in a while, but at least only send
those mails to Dave (and me) in private. On dri-devel here, this isn't
accepted.

We'll discuss late driver pull requests and what to with them in drm in
the future more after -rc1, after the heat has dissipated.

Yours, Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation