ABI navigator for libdrm

Rob Clark robdclark at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 12:30:17 UTC 2017

On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 1:41 AM, Andrey Ponomarenko
<andrewponomarenko at yandex.ru> wrote:
> 26.02.2017, 22:15, "Daniel Vetter":
>> On Sun, Feb 26, 2017 at 10:51 AM, Andrey Ponomarenko:
>>>  Hello,
>>>
>>>  I'd like to present the ABI Navigator project to search for binary symbols (functions, global data, etc.) across recent versions of the libdrm and other open-source libraries: https://abi-laboratory.pro/index.php?view=navigator
>>>
>>>  The project allows to find out in which versions of the library some symbol is defined, added, removed or changed. The data is taken from the ABI Tracker report for the library: https://abi-laboratory.pro/tracker/timeline/libdrm/
>>>
>>>  Example for symbol drmGetDevice from libdrm.so: https://abi-laboratory.pro/index.php?view=navigator&selected=drmGetDevice
>>>
>>>  The project aims to help library users and maintainers to resolve issues with missed symbols and navigate through the reports in the ABI Tracker.
>>>
>>>  Have you ever encountered the "undefined reference" error or want to know whether the symbol is _stable_ enough to import by your code? Try to find it in the ABI Navigator!
>>
>> Looks pretty cool. One small suggestion for the UI: Adding separate
>> columns for object/struct changes would be good. Atm it's harder to
>> find these, and e.g. libdrm has a releases with 100% abi compat
>> rating, but still yellow box. The yellow box is because we extended
>> some structs - direct links to those sections would be nice too.
>>

> Added the "Total Changes" column to the report table: https://abi-laboratory.pro/tracker/timeline/libdrm/

Cool

Any chance you could add to configure line: --enable-freedreno
--enable-vc4 and possibly --etnaviv-experimental-api

It should be possible to compile test and check abi for the libdrm
modules for arm drivers (but by default they are only enabled for arm
builds)

BR,
-R