Warning at drivers/gpu/drm/drm_atomic_helper.c

Lucas Stach l.stach at pengutronix.de
Wed Jan 25 11:30:42 UTC 2017

Am Mittwoch, den 25.01.2017, 09:20 -0200 schrieb Fabio Estevam:
> Hi Lucas,
>
> On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 8:43 AM, Lucas Stach <l.stach at pengutronix.de> wrote:
>
> > This only fixes the issue, as with this change we never attach fences to
> > the plane state. I've looked into this issue a bit and if I'm not
> > mistaken, this should still be reproducible with 4.10-rc. Correct?
>
> I could not reproduce this kernel warning with 4.10-rc, as it does not
> use imx_drm_atomic_commit() anymore.
>
> The problem happens with 4.9.x stable, which uses imx_drm_atomic_commit().

Kernel 4.10 just moves the fence attach to the plane state. It has
nothing to do with the used commit function. The issue going away if you
change that on kernel 4.9 is a red herring.

In any case, can you try the attached patch? It's against 4.10, if you
want to test it on 4.9 you need to replace dma_fence_put(), with
fence_put().

Regards,
Lucas