DRM_STM breaks fbdev mmap on ARCH_MULTIPLATFORM

Noralf Trønnes noralf at tronnes.org
Mon Jul 10 10:53:55 UTC 2017

Hi

DRM_STM is 'default y' on ARCH_MULTIPLATFORM and it selects
FB_PROVIDE_GET_FB_UNMAPPED_AREA. This breaks fbdev mmap for me on
Raspberry Pi. mmap returns -ENOMEM.

Disabling DRM_STM gives me working mmap.

Noralf.

config DRM_STM
     tristate "DRM Support for STMicroelectronics SoC Series"
     depends on DRM && (ARCH_STM32 || ARCH_MULTIPLATFORM)
     select DRM_KMS_HELPER
     select DRM_GEM_CMA_HELPER
     select DRM_KMS_CMA_HELPER
     select DRM_PANEL
     select VIDEOMODE_HELPERS
     select FB_PROVIDE_GET_FB_UNMAPPED_AREA
     default y

     help
       Enable support for the on-chip display controller on
       STMicroelectronics STM32 MCUs.
       To compile this driver as a module, choose M here: the module
       will be called stm-drm.