[Intel-gfx] [RFC v1 01/20] drm/hdcp: HDCP bitmask property for connectors

Ramalingam C ramalingam.c at intel.com
Thu Jul 13 06:54:33 UTC 2017

On Thursday 13 July 2017 11:39 AM, Daniel Vetter wrote:
>>> enum values  HDCP_ENABLE, HDCP_ENABLE_TYPE1 and HDCP_DISABLE along with
>>> kobj-uevent
>>> for HDCP state change, could do the bare minimal HDCP1.4 and HDCP2.2
>>> configuration.
>>>
>>> And without Type info it is not possible for HDCP2.2.
>> I've had requests from chrome team to expose HDCP version, so I don't think this
>> is too contentious.
> I think it'd still be easier if we start out with the current content
> protection props that CrOS is using, and then figure out how to layer
> the exact version/standard on top? One thing at a time and all that.
> -Daniel
I understand the approach.

But Only problem is current upstreaming effort is for HDCP2.2 support at
DRM with a design which can
easily accommodate other versions too. So we  need to stretch current
CrOS property a bit with
ENABLE_TYPE1 and UNSUPPORTED etc. Hope that should be fine for all.

--Ram