[RFC 0/1] drm: Add Grain Media GM12U320 kms driver

Marco Diego Aurélio Mesquita marcodiegomesquita at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 17:20:55 UTC 2017

On Sat, Jun 10, 2017 at 3:39 PM, Hans de Goede <hdegoede at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 10-06-17 19:14, Marco Diego Aurélio Mesquita wrote:
>> I applied this change and now gnome monitors tool identifies it as
>> another monitor, thanks Noralf! There are still some problems: when I
>> activate it, gnome complains "could not set configuration for CRTC
>> 284". I still don't know what causes this. Any idea?
>>
>> Other problem I get is that the device is spontaneously disconnected
>> after some time. I'm not sure what causes this, but I think it happens
>> because it receives no data after an amount of time.
>

> Correct, there is no way to blank (think DPMS off) the device, but
> it will turn itself of it does not get any data for more then x seconds,
> I don't remember what X was.

I made an initial port of the workqueue to the in-progress driver. The
behaviour improved. I no longer get spurious
re-connections/disconnections and the device no longer shows its logo;
that probably means that the data is successfully really reaching the
device, I guess.

I still have some problems. When I activate it through the gnome
monitors tool, I get an error message: "failed to apply configuration
%s" "timeout was reached". It doesn't complains about the crtc as
before, but I still can't activate it. Anyone knows what is the
problem that is causing this? Noralf, any idea?

Now, my next steps will be to move part of the recently added code to
another file, bring back the dirty callback, detect pages flips, call
the update work queue accordingly, enable ecomode and fix some leaks.
After that, the only thing missing to port will be the part that moves
the data from the framebuffer to the blocks that are sent through usb.
Hans, any objection to this roadmap/plan?