RFC: late drm pull requests and other topics

Lukas Wunner lukas at wunner.de
Tue Mar 7 19:51:15 UTC 2017

On Tue, Mar 07, 2017 at 10:56:49AM -0500, Alex Deucher wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 7:11 PM, Daniel Vetter <daniel at ffwll.ch> wrote:
> I've always tried to have all major new features sent to Dave by rc5,
> so no problems with the timelines.  Dave and Linus have generally been
> ok with new asic support at strange times assuming it has minimal
> impact on existing support.  Our code release dates rarely line up
> well with kernel cycles, but we can manage.

Well, you were also once the target of a rant because of too recent
commit dates that turned out to have an entirely innocuous explanation:

https://www.spinics.net/lists/dri-devel/msg87996.html

In a follow-up, Linus said "I want to at least be able to fool myself
into thinking that downstream has really worked hard at validating what
they send me".

https://www.spinics.net/lists/dri-devel/msg87999.html

So since he was asking for it, maybe use something like:

GIT_AUTHOR_DATE=`date --date="8 weeks ago"` \
GIT_COMMITTER_DATE=`date --date="4 weeks ago"` \
  git commit --amend --date

Best regards ;-)

Lukas