[RFC libdrm 0/2] Replace the build system with meson

Jani Nikula jani.nikula at linux.intel.com
Tue Mar 21 14:44:55 UTC 2017

On Thu, 16 Mar 2017, Dylan Baker <dylan at pnwbakers.com> wrote:
> First it's written in python, [...]

How does meson handle python 2 vs. 3? How do you avoid issues in the
build files wrt this? On Debian meson seems to depend on python 3, so
are they fully python 3?

How does meson handle build file backwards compatibility between meson
versions? I don't intend to flame, but I've found for some reason many
python projects don't seem to take this very seriously. Either having
conditionals in build files to support building with several meson
versions or always requiring the latest and greatest version would be
rather annoying.

BR,
Jani.