DVI output on i.MX51 EVP board not working?

Wladimir J. van der Laan laanwj at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 15:58:20 UTC 2017

Hello Philipp,

> Looking at the hardware user's guide [1] chapter 9 (VGA and DVI out), I
> notice that the TFP410PA bridge seems to be connected to the DISP2_DAT
> data lines, but uses the DISP1_H/V sync signals (which I can't believe
> is right), according to figure 9-1. But the device tree pin
> configuration configures the DISP1_DAT data lines with pinctrl_ipu_disp1
> instead. This pin configuration was moved there from imx51.dtsi, so I
> think it was just never adapted for this boards' quirks.

Interesting, thanks a lot for pointing that out.

The figure 1-3 on page 6 shows both Disp-1 and Disp-2 going to the DVI-I
connector, however the output of Disp-2 goes through the DAC so I suppose
that's for the VGA pins.

The figure 9-1 seems to be in conflict with that. DISP1_DAT isn't used at all
there, but DISP2_DAT (albeit different pin ranges) go to both the ADV7123 and
TFP410PA.

> It might also be useful to find out which GPIOs are connected to the
> TFP410 power down and reset lines.

Yes, indeed. Luckily it works in u-boot so that's a reference.

Regards,
Wladimir