GPU-DRM-STI: Fine-tuning for some function implementations

SF Markus Elfring elfring at users.sourceforge.net
Sat May 6 13:54:51 UTC 2017

> Generally speaking, I don't care about checkpatch/cocci changes that aren't tested.

I find this view interesting only to some degree.

1. I suggest to combine a few functions into fewer ones.
   * Do you spot any programming mistakes in these concrete cases?
   * Can such code reduction result into desired effects?

2. I propose to use the function “seq_putc” at more source code places.
   * Do you really find any previous system test approaches insufficient around
     such a Linux feature?
   * Does the programming interface “seq_puts” provide any properties
     that you prefer over the other one for the sequence output of single characters?
     http://elixir.free-electrons.com/linux/v4.11/source/fs/seq_file.c#L664

> With your changes, we don't have this upside.

How do you think about to pick spelling corrections up for two comment lines?

Regards,
Markus