drm_atomic_helper_resume() locking changes in v4.12

Jyri Sarha jsarha at ti.com
Mon May 29 14:29:55 UTC 2017

Hi,
I have "WARN_ON(!drm_modeset_is_locked(&crtc->mutex))" in tilcdc crtc
enable and disable callbacks. Now those warnings are firing when
resuming from suspend and I see that "drm_modeset_lock_all(dev)" has
been removed from "drm_atomic_helper_resume()".

I guess I should remove those warnings from tilcdc since no other driver
has such warnings in place, but it still seems odd to me that the crtc
enable or disable maybe called without the crtc modeset lock.

Is there something wrong with drm_atomic_helper_resume() locking or am
just confused about how the locking in drm works? (The later is probably
true in any case)

Best regards,
Jyri