[git pull] drm for v4.15

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Thu Nov 16 04:59:33 UTC 2017

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 6:34 PM, Dave Airlie <airlied at gmail.com> wrote:

> There is some code touched on sound/soc, but I think the sound tree
> should have the same commits from the same base,so this may luck different
> if you pulled it as I generated my pull request a couple of days ago. Otherwise
> the highlights are below.

I'm more curious about (and disgusted by) this one:

  include/dt-bindings/msm/msm-bus-ids.h

wtf? It's full of defines that aren't actually used anywhere.  Which
is just as well, since it doesn't seem to be included from anything
either.

There's something odd about drm people. You guys like these completely
insane generated header files, and you seem to be populating the whole
tree with this odd and diseased notion of "generated header files are
cool".

Is somebody getting paid by line of code?

Yeah, yeah, we have those nasty dt-bindings heades from before too,
but this one is one of the bigger ones, and it really comes with no
explanation, and a commit message that doesn't really mention
device-tree at all.

Honestly, it seems like it got committed by mistake.

I've pulled it, but Christ on a stick!

              Linus