Hardware 3D acceleration doesn't work anymore with the latest git kernel

Christian Zigotzky chzigotzky at xenosoft.de
Tue Nov 21 11:32:15 UTC 2017

Alex,

Thanks for your fast reply. I have looked in the first bad commit
e60e1ee60630cafef5e430c2ae364877e061d980 (Merge tag 'drm-for-v4.15') [1].
I have found a lot of kzalloc changes. I am sorry, I don't have any
experiences with this code. I only know that my Radeon HD6870 doesn't
have hardware 3D acceleration anymore.

Maybe I could revert the drm_gem_object_init and ttm_bo_init changes but
the kzalloc changes are too much. I think I need help to solve this issue.

Thanks,
Christian

[1]
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=e60e1ee60630cafef5e430c2ae364877e061d980