linux-next: manual merge of the sound-asoc tree with the drm-misc tree

Mark Brown broonie at kernel.org
Wed Oct 18 10:08:02 UTC 2017

On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 10:57:33AM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:

> I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
> is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
> conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
> is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
> with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
> complex conflicts.

Actually I'm just going to discard the AMD drivers from the ASoC tree
because the build produces reams of errors like those below, the changes
to move the chip type definitions around weren't fully baked.  Please
resend both the pull request and the patches with this fixed.  Note also
that if you're basing something on Linus' tree you should use a tagged
release rather than just a random commit.

In file included from /home/broonie/tmpfs/next/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu.h:51:0,
                 from /home/broonie/tmpfs/next/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_connectors.c:31:
/home/broonie/tmpfs/next/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/../include/amd_shared.h:33:6: error: nested redefinition of 'enum amd_asic_type'
 enum amd_asic_type {
      ^
/home/broonie/tmpfs/next/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/../include/amd_shared.h:33:6: error: redeclaration of 'enum amd_asic_type'
In file included from /home/broonie/tmpfs/next/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/../include/amd_shared.h:26:0,
                 from /home/broonie/tmpfs/next/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu.h:51,
                 from /home/broonie/tmpfs/next/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_connectors.c:31:
/home/broonie/tmpfs/next/include/drm/amd_asic_type.h:28:6: note: originally defined here
 enum amd_asic_type {
      ^