drm/rcar-du: Use common error handling code in rcar_du_encoders_init()

SF Markus Elfring elfring at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Oct 29 18:19:22 UTC 2017

> Just for the record, I've been bitten in the past by applying one of Markus'
> patches that seemed to make sense, only to discover later that it introduced a
> security hole.

How do you think about to take another look at the circumstances
under which a questionable commit happened in the referenced case?

A few glitches occur occasionally. They can be fixed by appropriate collaboration.

> I now drop his patches altogether, so could you please keep an eye open
> to make sure none of them touching the rcar-du driver will be applied
> through drm-misc ?

I hope that you can become interested in a more constructive software development
dialogue (also with me) again.

* Can additional ideas be taken into account here?

* Will any other contributor pick related update suggestions up?

Regards,
Markus