[Mesa-dev] XDC 2017 feedback

Matt Turner mattst88 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 05:36:26 UTC 2017

On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 10:07 PM, Rob Clark <robdclark at gmail.com> wrote:
> If you had known of the khr dates, and brought it up in Feb (or really
> somewhat earlier, given that XDC is roughly same time each year +/-
> few weeks), that *might* have been early enough to move things.

That's unfair. It's part of the X.Org board's responsibilities to plan
conferences and that means being aware of potential conflicts. In
February, six of the eight members of the X.Org board worked for
companies with Khronos access (that's not including Keith who I
suspect has access as well).

I replied to the 2017-03-02 minutes and noted the conflict, but as you
say that was too late. Unfortunately that was the first time a date
was publicly announced, so I'm not really sure what could have been
done from outside the X.Org board.