[git pull] drm for v4.17-rc1

Liviu Dudau Liviu.Dudau at arm.com
Tue Apr 3 10:15:13 UTC 2018

Hi Daniel,

On Tue, Apr 03, 2018 at 11:58:17AM +0200, Daniel Vetter wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 11:15:50AM +1000, Dave Airlie wrote:
> > Hi Linus,
> >
> > This is the main drm pull request for 4.17-rc1.
> >
> > I'm sending it early because Easter is coming and I'm going to be on
> > holidays/have relatives staying for most of the next three weeks.
> > I'll be near email for any emergency but otherwise not too engaged.
> > I'll likely have two days back before the end of the merge window
> > to vaccum up any fixes. Cannonlake and Vega12 support are probably the
> > two major things. This pull lacks nouveau, Ben had some unforseen
> > leave and a few other blockers so we'll see how things look or maybe
> > leave it for this merge window.
> >
> > I'm off to eat my weight in chocolate.
>
> Droppping down to dri-devel.
>
> I've had some great fun with scripting maintainer statistics recently. One
> thing I've done is looking at patches committed by the author themselves
> (= stuff pushed by maintainers/committers), and how much formal
> reviews/acks there are.
>
> Overall we're doing a fairly decent job, with 80+% of these patches
> reviewed. Big drivers (i915 and amdgpu) do a pretty much perfect job, as
> does everyone who's part of the drm-misc group. But the in-between drivers
> less so. And given that everyone else has to go through mandatory reviews
> (less than 50% of all patches are merged by maintainers/committers, even
> in drm) I don't see why maintainers should be special and can skip review.
>
> Also, most of the drivers where review doesn't consistently happen are
> developed by groups, so not hard to find a suitable review. Anyway, below
> the stats of unreviewed maintainer patches for this pull here.
>
> I think some drivers we could perhaps stuff into drm-misc, others should
> probably move to grou maintainership of some form.
>
> Cheers, Daniel
>
> Alex Deucher (2):
>       Revert "drm/radeon/pm: autoswitch power state when in balanced mode"
>       drm/amdgpu: add documentation for amdgpu_device.c
>
> Dave Airlie (1):
>       drm/amd/pp: fix missing CONFIG_ACPI.
>
> Frank Rowand (4):
>       of: change overlay apply input data from unflattened to FDT
>       of: Documentation: of_overlay_apply() replaced by of_overlay_fdt_apply()
>       of: convert unittest overlay devicetree source to sugar syntax
>       of: improve reporting invalid overlay target path
>
> Joonas Lahtinen (5):
>       drm/i915: Update DRIVER_DATE to 20180207
>       drm/i915: Update DRIVER_DATE to 20180214
>       drm/i915: Update DRIVER_DATE to 20180221
>       drm/i915: Update DRIVER_DATE to 20180305
>       drm/i915: Update DRIVER_DATE to 20180308
>
> Liviu Dudau (5):
>       drm/mali-dp: Rotated planes need a larger pitch size.
>       drm/mali-dp: Align pitch size to be multiple of bus burst read size.
>       drm/mali-dp: Don't enable scaling engine for planes that only rotate.
>       drm/mali-dp: Fix malidp_atomic_commit_hw_done() for event sending.
>       drm: mali-dp: Turn off CRTC vblank when removing module.

On the mali-dp driver there was a period of time where it was only me doing
the work on mainline driver, with the promise that more people are going to
join. That has now happened, so there are people reviewing the patches
internally, but we are currently failing because of old habits to record
their Reviewed-by properly when we transition the patches from internal
discussions to the public ones. We're going to try harder in the future to
not let maintainer patches go without proper review tags into the drm-next
pull request.

Best regards,
Liviu

--