[RFC 1/3] drm: Add DAMAGE_CLIPS property to plane

Thomas Hellstrom thellstrom at vmware.com
Thu Apr 5 11:42:11 UTC 2018

On 04/05/2018 12:03 PM, Daniel Vetter wrote:

> On the topic of input validation: Should the kernel check in shared code
> that all the clip rects are sensible, i.e. within the dimensions of the
> fb? Relying on drivers for that seems like a bad idea.

I guess we could do that.

There seems to be different needs for different kinds of iterators, but
otherwise
I was thinking that an iterator could just skip invalid rects if found.
Then we
don't need a separate validation step, but OTOH user-space won't get
notified if
that was intended.

I'm not 100% sure user-space would do anything sensible with any error
information, though.

/Thomas