[RFC 0/3] drm: page-flip with damage

Lukasz Spintzyk lukasz.spintzyk at displaylink.com
Tue Apr 10 08:10:25 UTC 2018

Hi,

Many thanks that you have picked it up.
Unfortunately I didn't had time to work on it for a while.

I am ok with what you have done, ihmo the review is going in good direction.
I will try not to miss your update of it.
 From my side I can say that damage rects with frame-buffer coordinates
are perfectly fine for DisplayLink case.

Btw I have noticed that there is also a patch from Rob Clark that is
supplying helper for legacy dirtyfb callback.
Maybe we should unify the naming of the rects. Here we have
"damage_clips", Clark's patch has 'dirty_rects' notion.
On other hand existing legacy dirtyfb callback in drm_framebuffer_funcs
is also using 'clip_rects' :).

Thanks

Ɓukasz Spintzyk